Cooley Group, a nationally recognized, award-winning branding services provider specializing in print and promotional products. Headquartered in Pittsford, New York Cooley Group is seeking an energetic, highly organized, customer-focused Sales Executive to join our team in the Greater Rochester area.
We are an all-employee-owned, industry-leading independent distributor. We create unique, multi-faceted, and cost-effective branding solutions backed by 75+ years of industry expertise and award-winning and industry-leading service levels. We are extremely proud to be recognized by our customers for the fifth year in a row as a Best of Print and Digital Services company. The Best of Print & Digital Survey results are 100% customer based and a testimony to Cooley Group’s industry-leading offerings and service capabilities. These pillars of success will continue to differentiate us as an innovative leader in brand awareness and solutions that allow us to deliver measurable results for our customers.
Cooley has a culture we are extremely proud of and committed to. We focus on service, inclusiveness, flexibility, and empowerment. It is engaging, exciting, creative, and a joy to work in. We work hard. We play hard. And we truly care about one another! In 2021, we were recognized as one of the greatest companies to work for in our industry by the Promotional Products Association International (PPAI).
We have recently introduced a state-of-the-art online e-commerce platform with branded online store offerings and capabilities. Combined with Cooley Group’s investment in a cloud-based and automated operating system, we are well-positioned to continue to deliver competitively superior solutions and experiences to our customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with customers and actively prospecting for new accounts. The ideal candidate will be a tenacious, goal-driven individual with the willingness to learn B2B sales, prospecting, and closing skills. If you love growing relationships with clients and are an enthusiastic team player, you will love this position!
- Identify, qualify, and develop new business opportunities with new and existing customers in person, by phone, and through written communication
- Develop a strategic sales plan and execute the plan to satisfy revenue goals
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships through all stages of project scope, development, execution, and maintenance
- Determine customer requirements and expectations and recommend specific products and solutions; research products by vendor capabilities and calculate estimates to provide competitive pricing
- Collaborate with all internal departments to develop solutions and services for clients’ creative, technical, and operational needs
- Interface with customer service team and vendors as necessary regarding client orders to ensure scheduled deadlines and requests are met
- Demonstrate proficiency in cross-selling product lines and the ability to identify and develop new client and market opportunities
- Ensure the growth of the business and be committed to the company’s success
Note: Employee’s duties and responsibilities are not limited by the above. Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the employee’s manager. In addition to the basic requirements of the position, all employees are expected to meet the company’s goals of continual improvement in the areas of knowledge, skills, processes, and quality.
Skills and Qualifications
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience.
- Industry experience in print/promotional items is strongly preferred
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in lead generation and be able to identify and develop new client and market opportunities
- Possess strong persuasive and interpersonal skills with the ability to use a consultative approach to close sales
- Demonstrate the ability to articulate a value proposition that directly addresses clients’ individual and distinct needs
- Have the ability to sell technology-based solutions
- Have a strong customer focus and be passionate about helping clients grow their business.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Possess a strong work ethic and have excellent organizational and time management skills with consistent follow up
- Maximize selling time and spend 60-70% of the time engaged in prospecting and new business development activities
- Be willing to maximize selling hours and be an active learner
- Have computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software
- Be able to drive and travel locally to customer and vendor locations.
- Cooley is proud to be an all Employee Owned Company. The position offers a competitive compensation structure with unlimited earnings potential. We also provide an excellent benefits package which includes company-paid medical for each employee, dental, and a 401K with a company match retirement plan. Other benefits include ten company-paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), free parking, and opportunities for ownership in the company.